Undoubtedly Gems is the most valuable resource in Rise of Kingdoms.
Due to tons of value Gems offer and due to the rarity of this currency, understanding the best ways to spend Gems effectively and efficiently is super important for all new players.
It’s Best to Spend Your Gems On
- VIP 6
- 8 hour speedups – 20 of them each week from (VIP-8 shop)
- Wheel for fortune to get Richard I
- VIP 10
- Wheel of Fortune to get YSG + Khan
- Book of Covenants (It’s a waste unless you’re a mod tier spender/hard grinder)
- VIP-12 (Mid spender/ hard grinder)
How to Spend Gems Effectively
After VIP 6, you only want to spend your Gems during the More Than Gems event!
- Buying VIP Points: The higher VIP ranks you are, the more perks and benefits your City receives. Try to get to at least VIP lvl. 6 before spending your Gems on anything else. Only buy enough VIP points to get to the new level, no more. The extra Gems can be more useful for other things.
- Buying Items from the Courier Station – Buy all of the items that do not require Gems right away. Buy the Speedups which are discounted at 60-70%. Do not buy the Teleports as you can easily get it from the Alliance Store.
- Do not use Gems to directly buy Arrows of Resistances or Book of Covenants: It will cost you tons of Gems and it is totally not worth it. Better to spend Gems on buying Action Points for farming Barbarians and Forts.
- Do not use Gems to finish upgrading/researching immediately. Just don’t.
Credits: Abused Panda